Jun 27, 2017 - FSSAI issues draft regulations for organic food products

TradeBriefs Newsletter
View online   Advertise
              from TradeBriefs FMCG Daily Newsletter






Sree Vijaykumar
Sree Vijaykumar
From the Editor's Desk
What the business press ignored in their coverage of the recent Infosys AGM was Vishal Sikka's extended talk about an AI-led future. He admitted that 65% of his staff were working in areas that would get commoditized (or automated) in the future. The assumption is that the remaining 35% are working in areas where Infosys would help clients figure out how to use AI (and other 'digital' technologies). The opportunity is huge, but the challenge is that neither client nor technology partner have a clear problem statement in front of them. How does one really take advantage of this AI-led future? As suggested by Narayana Murthy and often quoted by Sikka, the challenge facing Indian IT companies now is 'to become pro-active problem finders as opposed to reactive problem solvers'!

Advertisers of the day
On behalf of SAP India: Get GST-Ready in just a few weeks
shivkhera: Optimize Performance and Move Up to the Next Level : Programs by Mr. Shiv Khera  

Our advertisers help fund the daily operations of TradeBriefs. We request you to accept our promotional emails (B2B Decision-Makers, B2C Decision-Makers, TradeBriefs Premium).


How Unibic India’s management clocked Rs 500 Cr revenue and reached 3 lakh retailers

As a tribute to its founder who passed away in November 2019, the management of the cookie brand registered Rs 500 crore revenue and is now present in 27 states of India.

Read More



Today's TradeBriefs Cartoon

Advt: Work for the best employer - Yourself
reseller
Advantages - Best B2B audience in India, no hard-selling or up-front costs involved, access to our content repository and air-tight agreements with instant gratification.


ITC's food business crosses Rs 10,000 cr sales milestone in FY20, Rs 600 cr short of Britannia

Retail sales of ITC's Aashirvaad brand atta crossed Rs 6,000 crore in sales last fiscal, growing by over 30%, as per latest disclosure in annual report. This makes the brand one of the largest in the food segment in India. ITC's food business grew by 7.3% with gross sales of Rs 10,377.73 crore in FY20, as per the annual report.

Read More

Jubilant FoodWorks enters FMCG space; sets up direct competition with HUL, Nestle

​​JFLs first sales channel for the ready-to-cook sauces and pastes franchise, called ChefBoss, will be on e-commerce platforms.

Read More

Vahdam Teas: Can The Online Tea Empire Replicate Its Success At Home?

How Vahdam Teas cracked the code by pitching the India story abroad. Will this work back in India?

Read More

FMCG companies push more products in higher quantities to mitigate potential lockdowns

Consumer goods companies are supplying products, especially food, in higher quantities than before to distributors so that unexpected shutdowns in Covid-19 outbreak areas dont disrupt supply chains and hamper distribution of goods to local stores.

Read More

Cargill invests $15 mn to set up plant for cattle supplements in Maharashtra

The plant will also manufacture specialty vegetable oil based waxes for industrial application, marketed under the brand name Agri-Pure, which has application in tyre, plastic and candle industry.Get latest Business online at cnbctv18.com

Read More

How brands drove salience during the coronavirus pandemic

FMCG companies have innovated with products, pricing and supply chain to stay relevant

Read More

FMCG cos put covid learnings to practice

Companies are examining redundancies in operations to eliminate delays.Covid-19 prompted firms to ramp up supplies online and forge tie-ups with hyperlocal delivery partners

Read More

TradeBriefs Publications are read by over 10,00,000 Industry Executives
About Us  |  Advertise Privacy Policy    

You are receiving this mail because of your subscription with TradeBriefs.
Our mailing address is GF 25/39, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi 110008, India